Hidden Gem of Belize: St. George’s Caye Resort0
St. George’s Caye is a small island in Belize ideally located for easy travel away from crowds and quick access to diving and snorkeling on the barrier reef.
Is diving in Belize on your bucket list? This summer and fall, airfare to Belize is the lowest it has ever been, so now is a great time to plan a dive vacation to the incredible Belize Barrier Reef.
Belize in Central America is an easy travel destination because it’s only about a 2-½ hour flight from several US airports. English is one of the official languages and US dollars are accepted everywhere. And there are plenty of incredible bucket-list dive sites like the Great Blue Hole, Turneffe Atoll, and Hol Chan Marine Reserve to keep you occupied.
St George’s Caye Resort (pronounced “key”) is an intimate hideaway in Belize owned and managed by divers. The closest island resort to the mainland, St. George’s caters to small groups with Valet Diving and incredible 5-star service from friendly local staff.
6 Reasons to Visit St. George’s Caye Resort
- Shortest travel time to an island resort in Belize – at no charge. Stays include airport meet-and-greet and roundtrip transfers to our private residence island 20 minutes off the coast. No roads, no crowds, and endless views.
- Stay in a gorgeous thatch bungalow! Twelve authentic thatch-roof cabanas – including six over-the-water bungalows — offer rustic beach elegance with king beds, beautiful hardwoods, en-suite bathroom, ceiling fan, air conditioning, and covered porch with hammock.
Belize Barrier Reef less than a mile away. Dive sites are close enough that you can dive in the morning, return to the resort for a nice lunch, and then head back out for afternoon or night dives. There are no other dive resorts nearby, so you’ll often have the dive sites all to yourself.
- Valet Diving with experienced Dive Masters. The two dive masters, Jose and Freddy, have been with the resort 18 and 13 years respectively. Resort manager Barry is also a certified dive master. They know the local reef like the backs of their hands – and our staff takes care of your gear, so you can focus on diving and having the time of your life.
- All meals included. From coffee & juice delivered to your porch each morning to nightly 4-course dinners on the oceanfront dining porch, you’ll be pampered in paradise with fresh, local foods.
- Fun tours and activities for when you’re not diving, too. Enjoy drinks in the Sandbar Lounge, relax with a massage in the spa, go for a dip in the swimming pool, or try one of the many free water sports like kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, and stand-up paddleboards. Guided tours to the mainland jungle for cave tubing, zip-line, and exploring Maya ruins also available.
All content provided on this “Scuba Diving Resource” blogs or website is for informational purposes only. Any comments, opinions that may be found here at Scuba Diving Resource are the express opinions and or the property of their individual authors.
Scuba Diving Resource makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Please note that regulations and information can change at any time.