Mexican Street Corn Dip0
Sometimes you want to eat a light, simple salad with dressing on the side. And some nights (like tonight) you want to fall face-first into a giant bowl of delicious dip. This Mexican street corn dip with cotija and Monterey Jack cheese is highly addictive, so whip up a batch, grab a bag of tortilla chips and invite some friends over. (Oh, and tell them to bring cervezas.
Ingredients 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh or thawed)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more as needed)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add the corn and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese until it’s fully melted.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in an even layer on a platter, and pour the corn mixture evenly over it.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and cotija cheese evenly over the dip, and drizzle the sour cream across it. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, then serve immediately with lime wedges.
One of the Great Joys of LIFE & TRAVEL Is Food
All content provided on the “Scuba Diving Resource” website is for informational purposes only. Any comments, opinions that may be found here at Scuba Diving Resource are the express opinions and or the property of their individual authors.
Scuba Diving Resource makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Please note that regulations and information can change at any time.