Women Divers Hall of Fame 2018 Scholarships and Training Grants are open for application.0
Each year, WDHOF awards scholarships and training grants that provide financial and educational support to individuals of all ages, particularly those who are preparing for professional careers that involve diving.
Scholarships are offered in marine conservation, marine biology, underwater archaeology, education (marine or freshwater), dive instructor education, and dive medicine. They are intended to support independent research and/or internship programs. They do not support living expenses or student loans. Scholarships are paid or awarded directly to the recipient.
Training grants provide funding for diving and related underwater training and, for some awards, scuba equipment (but only after dive training has been completed). For training conducted in the U.S., funds are paid directly to the training facility and/or the equipment vendor upon WDHOF’s receipt of an invoice; they are NOT paid directly to the grantee. For training that is not conducted in the U.S., the awardee will be reimbursed after she/he completes the training.
WDHOF is offering thirty-one scholarships and training grants in these categories:
- Marine Conservation
- Undergraduate Marine Research
- Underwater Archaeology
- Marine or Freshwater Education
- Instructor Advanced Education
- Scuba Leadership Training
- Public Safety Diving
- Underwater Photography
- Basic Dive Training
- Advanced Dive Training: Recreational / Technical / Scientific
- Hardhat Dive Training
- Diver Medic Training
- Assistant Life Support Technician Training
- Disabled Diver Training
- Dive Training for Students in ROTC, JROTC, Military Academy, or Sea Cadets
How to apply:
- You may only apply for one scholarship or training grant per year, however, if you are not selected for the scholarship or training grant for which you applied, and you are
qualified for another scholarship/training grant, you may be considered for another award.
- Full descriptions and requirements are detailed below for each of the awards. Please read the scholarship/grant descriptions, requirements, applicant qualifications, and application instructions very carefully, and refer to the specific requirements as you complete your application.
- All applications require two letters of recommendation that must be submitted directly by the recommender, and not by the applicant. It is your responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are submitted by the deadline.
- Applicants MUST complete the online application form.
Incomplete and/or late applications (including letters of recommendation) will not be accepted for further consideration. If you have questions after you’ve carefully read the online application instructions, please email: [email protected].
The deadline for receipt of applications is October 31, 2017, at midnight U.S. Eastern Standard Time. Applicants will be notified of award status by February 1, 2018. Only online submissions will be accepted and no exceptions will be made for late submissions.
Share it with other dive industry professionals, educational institutions, dive stores, dive buddies any and all ocean minded individuals you may know.
A huge thank you to all of our sponsors! We could not do this without all of your incredible support.
The Women Divers Hall of Fame ™ (WDHOF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring and raising awareness of the contributions of outstanding women divers. WDHOF provides educational, mentorship, financial, and career opportunities to the diving community throughout the world.
All content provided on the “Scuba Diving Resource” website is for informational purposes only. Any comments, opinions that may be found here at Scuba Diving Resource are the express opinions and or the property of their individual authors.
Scuba Diving Resource makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Please note that regulations and information can change at any time.